In My Mailbox #36

I have my one year blogoversary coming up soon, the time has gone by so quickly and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I'll definitely be thinking up some awesome ways to celebrate leading up to it. Oh and sorry to anyone who isn't a major fan of ARC Tours, I know the site has been overrun with them lately but I enjoy them so much, I will be working hard to fit in my normal programming aswell. I'm super siked to read both books I received this week but in an untimely event it looks like I'll be reading She's So Dead To Us first as Graffiti Moon has gone missing but I'm sure it'll turn up soon. Check out Kristi's blog, The Story Siren for more info on In My Mailbox.


Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

It’s the end of Year 12. Lucy’s looking for Shadow, the graffiti artist everyone talks about. His work is all over the city, but he is nowhere. 

Ed, the last guy she wants to see at the moment, says he knows where to find him. He takes Lucy on an all-night search to places where Shadow’s thoughts about heartbreak and escape echo around the city walls. 

But the one thing Lucy can’t see is the one thing that’s right before her eyes.

+

She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott

When having money is all that matters, what happens when you lose it all?

Perfect, picturesque Orchard Hill. It was the last thing Ally Ryan saw in the rear-view mirror as her mother drove them out of town and away from the shame of the scandal her father caused when his hedge fund went south and practically bankrupted all their friends -- friends that liked having trust funds and new cars, and that didn't like constant reminders that they had been swindled. So it was adios, Orchard Hill. Thanks for nothing.

Now, two years later, Ally's mother has landed a job back at the site of their downfall. So instead of Ally's new low-key, happy life, it'll be back into the snake pit with the likes of Shannen Moore and Hammond Ross.

But then there's Jake Graydon. Handsome, wealthy, bored Jake Graydon. He moved to town after Ally left and knows nothing of her scandal, but does know that he likes her. And she likes him. So off into the sunset they can go, right? Too bad Jake's friends have a problem with his new crush since it would make Ally happy. And if anyone deserves to be unhappy, it's Ally Ryan.

Ally was hoping to have left all the drama in the past, but some things just can't be forgotten. Isn't there more to life than money?

Q: How would you celebrate your blogoversary?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs