In My Mailbox #44

I'm sure you probably didn't even notice I was gone, but I haven't turned on my computer in a whole week. This is a big deal for me and a really eye-opening experience, I recommend everyone take some lengthy time away from the internet. Of course, I cheated a little and read through some emails at work but for the most part it was a well-deserved break. I'm back and ready to attack those awesome arc tours! Check out Kristi's blog, The Story Siren for more information on the blogospheres obsession with In My Mailbox.

Glitz by Philana Marie Boles
"So we can really go with them to the studio?" I asked. "When?" "Now!" Raq said. "Tonight. After we eat. Detroit is just fifty minutes away. Well, with dude driving, make that like twenty minutes away." She laughed. "Tonight?" "You know how we read about it, how they stay up in the studio all night? How Piper's always posting updates online saying, "Yo, Piper just got in. Been putting genius to track,' at like six, seven o'clock in the morning?" What she was saying was true. We had read about how Piper and a lot of people in the music industry stay up all night recording. She said, "So what up, chica? You wit' it?" "What time is it?" I asked. She whipped out her phone. "One twenty-two--" I had made my peace with being a few hours late for curfew, but coming home the next morning? That was another thing altogether. There was no way I could go all the way to Detroit in the middle of the night with a bunch of rappers and not have my grandmother lock me away for the rest of my natural-born life. But how could I get out of it now? It wasn't like I could ask Piper's driver to drop me off at home on the way to the studio. Maybe that was something Ann Michelle would have done, but not Glitz.

I'm really excited about this one especially being a major music fan, I just wish the story focused less on rappers and more on rockers. It seems like it's a little too moral based showing us that the music world isn't so awesome but I'm hoping it runs a little deeper.

Sisters Red, #1 by Jackson Pearce
Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris-- the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead. 

Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts fiercely alongside her. Now Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves and finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax-- but loving him means betraying her sister and has the potential to destroy all they've worked for. 

Twenty-five-year-old Jackson Pearce delivers a dark, taut fairy tale with heart-pounding action, fierce sisterly love, and a romance that will leave readers breathless. 

This happens to be the second copy of this book I've received so it must be good, I don't mind, it just forces me to push it a little higher on my reading stack which is huge may I add. I love the brilliant, reflective cover also!

Genesis (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #1) by Lara Morgan
Five hundred years into the future, the world is a different place. The Melt has sunk most of the coastal cities and Newperth is divided into the haves, the “Centrals”; the have-nots, the “Bankers”; and the fringe dwellers, the “Ferals”. 

Rosie Black is a Banker. When Rosie finds an unusual box, she has no idea of the grave consequences of her discovery. A mysterious organisation wants it – and will kill to get it. 

Forced to rely on two strangers, Rosie is on the run. But who can she trust? Pip, the too attractive Feral, or the secretive man he calls boss? 

From Earth to Mars, Rosie must learn the secrets of the box – before it’s too late.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this book but I'm really liking the simple, striking cover! The mystery of the unusual box sounds good too although I've hardly got into any dystopian novels.

by Jack's Mannequin 
This is one of my favourite cd's ever and I was totally shocked when I realised I didn't have a physical copy, so I had to go and order one simply just to go on my wall mural of awesome music.

Q: How do you decide between a juicy, fun read and a serious book you know you'll love?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs