In My Mailbox #46

The library has been my friend this week, a ton of awesome reservations all came in at one time so I've been slacking on my review copies lately but I did get to attempt my first audiobook, ever! Check out Kristi's blog, The Story Siren for more information on the blogosphere's obsession with In My Mailbox.

Flawless (Pretty Little Liars #2) by Sara Shepard
Spencer stole her sister's boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya... as much more than a friend. Hanna's obsession with looking flawless is making her sick. And their most horrible secret yet is so scandalous that the truth would ruin them forever. And why shouldn't I tell? They deserve to lose it all. With every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message I send, I'll be taking these pretty little liars down. Trust me, I've got enough dirt to bury them alive. 
I was surprised at how much I loved the first book in this series considering I only picked it up for the looming television show and figured it'd be pure pop indulgence, it turned out to be a really good mystery with plenty of gossip and I hope for the same with Flawless.


Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott 
Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showing pretty girls--and his "party" lifestyle--all over the Internet, and her mom, who was once one of her dad's girlfriends, is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for far too long, Hannah has learned how to stay out of sight...and that's how she likes it. Of course, being unknown isn't helping her get noticed by gorgeous, confident Josh, who Hannah knows is her soul mate. Between trying to figure out a way to get him to notice her, dealing with her parents, and wondering why she can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn, Hannah feels like she's going crazy. She's determined to make things work out the way she wants....only what she wants may not be what she needs. 
This one has been on my wish list for quite some time, everyone knows and loves anything Elizabeth Scott puts her name to so I'm sure I'm going love this one as well. The summary sounds really interesting and the cover is just a tad cute!


Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
I slowly opened my eyes. The sun speared its first bright rays of golden orange into the sky and I leapt from the cliff, with the sorrowful knowledge that no matter what the outcome, at least part of me would die that day... Violet Eden is dreading her seventeenth birthday dinner. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. The one bright spot is that Lincoln will be there. Sexy, mature and aloof, he is Violet’s idea of perfection. But why does he seem so reluctant to be anything more than a friend? After he gives her the world’s most incredible kiss – and then abandons her on her front doorstep – Violet is determined to get some answers. But nothing could have prepared her for Lincoln’s explanation: he is Grigori – part angel and part human – and Violet is his eternal partner. Without warning, Violet’s world is turned upside down. She never believed in God, let alone angels. But there’s no denying the strange changes in her body ... and her feelings for Lincoln. Suddenly, she can’t stand to be around him. Luckily, Phoenix, an exiled angel, has come into her life. He’s intense and enigmatic, but at least he never lied to her. As Violet gets caught up in an ancient battle between dark and light, she must choose her path. The wrong choice could cost not only her life, but her eternity... 
I haven't heard much about this book but it promises angels and warriors both things I hardly choose to read about but am tempted to check out.

Guitar Highway Rose by Brigid Lowry (Audiobook) 
My name is Rosie Moon. I am nearly sixteen. I’m hungry for a juicy life. I lean out the window at night and I can taste it out there, waiting for me. Popular and smart, fifteen-year-old Rosie Moon is the quintessential good girl. She also wishes she could be someone else for a while, someone more interesting. Asher Fielding is the mysterious new boy at school who has dreadlocks and a love of Jim Morrison. On the first day of tenth grade, Rosie develops a crush on Asher, and when the two pair up for a poetry assignment they quickly form a bond. When Asher is falsely accused of stealing a wallet at school, he and Rosie decide to escape it all—their families, their school, their ordinary town—and hitchhike up the Australian coast. They know they shouldn’t, and that is exactly why they do. Part road story, part love story, Guitar Highway Rose is a thrilling ride for anyone who has ever dreamed about escaping everyday life, even just for a little while.
I've heard great things about this book but what pushed me over the line to pick up my first audiobook was the correlation to Steph Bowe's Girl Saves Boy and seeing as I loved that so much I had to also pick this one up.

One Tree Hill - Season 6 DVD
Season six of One Tree Hill, an American television series, began on September 1, 2008. This is the third season to air on the CW television network. Season six regular cast members include Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty, Hilarie Burton, Bethany Joy Galeotti, Sophia Bush, Paul Johansson, Lee Norris, Antwon Tanner, Barbara Alyn Woods, Jackson Brundage and Lisa Goldstein. It is also the final season for Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton who plays Lucas Scott and Peyton Sawyer, who leave Tree Hill in the season finale.
I've been slowly catching up on this series for what feels like years now, I'm slightly OCD for wanting to watch every episode in order instead of catching bits and pieces of it on television but I like it most for all the awesome music they play, it's almost exactly what you'd find on my ipod.

Q: What's your favourite audiobook and which one do you recommend I check out?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs