5x5 Q's with Cass from Words On Paper!

Welcome to the first edition of 5x5 Q's, this week we're chatting to Cass from Words On Paper!

Q: What do you like most about reading? The fact that I can just get lost within a (good) book, read about new and different characters and imagine being in their situations. I love that reading is mine and mine alone, it's a good excuse for me to just stay in bed all day snuggled up under the covers. And also, once I've finished a book I get to discuss it and express my thoughts about it with the community. :)

Q: When did you get into reading? I remember during my early primary school days, I used to LOVE reading. But. When high school kicked in and we were forced to read, and read books that I never would have read out of will, reading lost its luster. It was only until high school was ending (early 2010) that I found the YA genre and my love for reading was rekindled.

Q: Where would you most like to travel to in the future? As a child, I always wanted to travel to Paris, and that stands even stronger today (Anna and the French Kiss, anyone?). However, I'd love to travel all over the world, namely Japan (maybe not for a while :X), NYC & Vegas. Hopefully as I keep reading I'll add more to the list!

Q: How will the world end? I can tell you one thing: it won't happen for centuries. 2012 will. not. happen! I think there will be a collapse in the ecosystem as the population climbs up, and that will begin a whole global down-spiral. Just, something related to the environment and how careless people still are about it. Or political strife.

Q: Why is contemporary YA your favourite? First, a link to GAYLE FORMAN's blog post [TEAM CONTEMORARY]. What Gayle says is both humorous and completely agreeable. I love that contemporary portrays people with issues that can be related to our lives, in this world. Contemporary generally focuses much more on character development than other genres, and whether or not I like the characters can make or break a book for me. There's also less of that insta-relationship and love-at-first-sight thing going on in this genre (I'm looking at you paranormal romance!). So, yeah. That said, I don't think I would survive if I were to only read this genre alone for the rest of my life.

-----------------------------------
Now, it's Cass' chance to ask me a few questions... 

Q: What kind of a student were you during your high school years? I was the perfect little kid who did all her homework in primary school but when I got to high school, I got a bit lazy and lost focus altogether. Oh and just like Cass, I didn't discover my love for YA until after I completed my school years.

Q: Where do you wish you were right now? I always, always answer this question with the same answer - a mosh pit possibly on the other side of the world but lately, I find myself imagining what the next Soundwave Festival will be like so please transport me a few months to the future so I can attend asap, please :)

Q: When was the last time that you read something, cover to cover, that was non-YA? I rarely venture out of YA these days but on inspection of my goodreads shelf, it was The Truth About You by Melissa Hill back in August 2010. It was a long haul getting through this chick-lit novel of so many different characters but it did have an interesting story in the end.

Q: Why did you name your blog 'Good Golly Miss Holly'? (other than the fact that your name is Holly lol) I actually had the name in the back of my mind way before I created a blog, Good Golly Miss Holly originally started out as a name for a clothing store I had on eBay and it's just stuck with me since. It'll always represent my blogging years to me now and I don't think it'll end up being the name of any of my future projects.

Q: How do you think the world is going to end? (I thought I'd return the question because it's an interesting one) Just the other day, I heard something about human beings solely surviving when other species in history have always died out eventually which shows that we'll most likely do the same. It's all very gargantuan to think about and definitely puts you in your place but without any scientific knowledge behind me, I don't think it'll happen for years and years to come. Maybe 5035?
Be sure to let me know if you'd like to participate in 5x5 Q's!

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs